[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Could somebody suggest me a cheap 300dpi laser printer?

news@NeXT.COM (news) (02/19/91)

Does anyone know of a laser printer that has fairly good resolution that costs
under $1000.  Its doesn't have to be particularly fast, But I would like to be
able to do some home-desktop publishing, including scanned images etc.  I have
looked at some models such as HP IIP, and Epson Action Laser, but don't really
know much more than what dealers have told me. Does anyone have any information
such as pros or cons about such printers?

				Chuck Tuchinda
				Explorer Post 6398
				Pittsburgh, Pa

rdippold@maui.qualcomm.com (Ron Dippold) (02/20/91)

In article <300@rosie.NeXT.COM> news@NeXT.COM (news) writes:
>Does anyone know of a laser printer that has fairly good resolution that costs
>under $1000.  Its doesn't have to be particularly fast, But I would like to be
>able to do some home-desktop publishing, including scanned images etc.  I have

I would suggest that you take a look at the HP Deskjet 500.  You can pick one
up for about $500.  It has a 300x300 dpi resolution, and the output looks GOOD.
It is very compatible, as if you can't find a Deskjet driver you just tell the
program that you are using a LaserJet II.  It uses InkJet technology.  It's not
as fast as a good laser printer, but other than that, it's incredible.