[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Animation player with 360x480x256colors on the PC ?

leo@zelator.uucp (Stefan Hartmann) (02/17/91)

Hi there,
does anybody know if there is an animation player out there , which
supports at least the 360x480x256 mode on the PC ?
I'm currently using the Autodesk animation player for generating
raytrace-videos, but the low resolution of 320x200 is still to low !!!

What about the new TSENG 4000 graphics-cards ?
They have plenty of RAM-space for double buffering animation playing
til the resolution 800x600x256 colors !!!
Where are the programs to support *.GIF-pic loading and Delta-compression
playing at this resolution ???
I would support the net with some great animations if I would have the
player !
What about the enhanced modes of GRASP ? Is it possible with it ?
Does it already support my TSENG 4000 board ?

Please mail publically in this newsgroup, cause I have to pay for
private email !Thanks a lot.
-Stefan Hartmann.

*  EMAIL: leo@zelator.uucp     Stefan Hartmann                                *
*  COMPUSERVE: 72017,3216      GEnie: S.HARTMANN                              *
*  Phone : ++ 49 30 344 23 66      FAX : ++ 49 30 344 92 79                   *

guy@contact.uucp (Guy Lemieux) (02/20/91)

In <1F0N93P@zelator.uucp> leo@zelator.uucp (Stefan Hartmann) writes:

>Hi there,
>does anybody know if there is an animation player out there , which
>supports at least the 360x480x256 mode on the PC ?
>I'm currently using the Autodesk animation player for generating
>raytrace-videos, but the low resolution of 320x200 is still to low !!!

Find out about the program called Audio Visual Connection
by IBM.  It doesn't actually support animation, but you can do
frame-by-frame presentations fast enough... the more memory you
have, the better it gets.

>Please mail publically in this newsgroup, cause I have to pay for
>private email !Thanks a lot.
>-Stefan Hartmann.

No problem.

--
Guy Lemieux          ENG SCI                          University of Toronto
guy@contact.uucp      9 T 2      Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering