[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Hard Disks/Manufacturers

maa@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Marc Alexander) (02/19/91)

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if anyone in the U.S. could give me contact
numbers/fax numbers and/or addresses for the following U.S. companies:

Priam
Cybernex Advanced Storage Technology  (CAST) or AST

They both manufacture Hard Disk drives, and I know that Priam does still
exist , but nobody in OZ has seen CAST for a while.

As you can guess I have two hard disks with dead control boards, and
have vague hopes of repairing them! Any information would be great!
The disks are a Priam Model 617, and a CAST model 10304 , they are
both ESDI drives.
I am in need of schematics,pin connections,and anything else,
anybody have control boards from dead ones?

thanks for your help,

Marc Alexander                    |Internet maa@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au
dept. of ee eng ,uni of melbourne |UUnet uunet!munnari!mullian!maa
parkville 3052 australia           gsxr1100jcr125rcex500rx2dod144
fax +61 3 344 6678 voice 3447689       "Interesting Concept!"

vera@fanaraaken.Stanford.EDU (James S. Vera) (02/20/91)

maa@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Marc Alexander) writes:

>Hi everyone,

>I would like to know if anyone in the U.S. could give me contact
>numbers/fax numbers and/or addresses for the following U.S. companies:

>Priam

Priam can be reached at +1 408 434-9300.  They have a little menu
giving the phone numbers of the companies they sold their drive
businesses to.

James S. Vera      |         Internet	        |Standard Disclaimers
Stanford University|vera@fanaraaken.stanford.edu|Blah Blah Blah Blah
Bellcore           |vera2@rigel.cc.bellcore.com |