[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Looking for sofware, translate languages german/spanish/french etc.

morales@ohsu.edu (Walter Morales) (02/19/91)

 I am looking for a software which would translate something written in English and it would translate to other languages such as Spanish, or other languages,

Can someone help?

Please send directly to my e-mail address since I do not frequently rear the news.

Thank you,

Walter Morales
morales@ohsu.edu
.

mhr@ccicpg.UUCP (MHR {who?}) (02/22/91)

In <1991Feb19.000214.2392@ohsu.edu>, morales@ohsu.edu writes:

> I am looking for a software which would translate something written in
> English and it would translate to other languages such as Spanish, or
> other languages,
>
> Can someone help?

I just threw away a brochure from a company called Specialty Software or
something like that which happened to contain an ad for just this very
thing - a series of programs which translate articles written in English
into other languages (French, Spanish, German, etc.).  Unfortunately,
yesterday when I wrote my original response and had the correct name of
the company, the mail bounced (see below) and I can't recall the
details.  Try looking them up in one of the larger trade magazines, such
as PC Magazine or Computer Shopper - shouldn't be too hard to find.

> Please send directly to my e-mail address since I do not frequently rear
> the news.

I'll forego the obvious and appropriate message here; suffice it to say
that by failing to read the news after posting a request for help you
are a) being rude and b) very likely to miss a lot of responses since
some of us who can help may not be able to reach you by email and
therefore must post our responses, capisce?  My email, which had a
slightly more friendly wording of this note, bounced and I frankly don't
have the time to investigate and find out why or locate a better mail
path.

> Thank you,

You're welcome - try reading the news: it's a nice source of information
on all kinds of subjects.

--
Mark A. Hull-Richter    UUCP:  ccicpg!mhr       In all things, restraint,
ICL North America                               especially with respect