[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Mouse software?

snowden@sequoia.cray.com (Jim Snowden) (02/21/91)

In article <Feb.21.00.04.37.1991.17533@dorm.rutgers.edu> silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) writes:
>We were wondering: Is there any software out there which will turn the mouse
>into the arrow keys? By that we mean to allow the mouse to control the
>cursor. It should interpret the mouse movements as cursor key movement and
>the mouse button as the enter key or some such.
>Any ideas? Send thru e-mail or post it.
>thanx.
>Daniel A. Turner
>silk@dorm.rutgers.edu

There is such a thing at wuarchive.wustl.edu in mirrors/msdos/mouse
You can get it by anonymous ftp (by the way thanks for being there wuarchive!!)
Here is what is in it:

NOTE: Type B is Binary; Type A is ASCII

 Filename   Type Length   Date   Description
CMOUSE2.ZIP   B   26201  901121  Mouse management for MSC 5.1/MASM 5.0 or later
DOSMOUSE.ARC  B    3887  890829  Use Microsoft mouse at MSDOS command level
LOCATE.ARC    B   10169  871231  Use mouse with any pgm that uses arrow keys
MCD104.ARC    B   69334  881123  Mouse Cursor Designer - req. graphics/mouse
MENUMOUS.ARC  B    3000  890129  Map mouse to arrow keys, TSR, w/ASM source
MOU.ZIP       B   27867  910118  MS-C & Turbo-C mouse routines with TRUE cursor
MOUSEDRW.ZIP  B    5673  901009  .DEF Mouse drivers for extended-char drawing
MSWITCH.ARC   B    7583  890330  Switch mouse on and off
RODENT.ARC    B   27753  881123  Interface for Logitech mouse to QuickBASIC

menumous seems to work well on my system with a Microsoft compatible mouse.

--Jim

ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) (02/25/91)

I know of one program that will translate mouse events into keystrokes.
It comes with the Microsoft Mouse Programmer's Reference (book).  It is
a programming language that generates a TSR (if I remember) that converts
mouse events into keystrokes.  Very powerful, but it's a programming
language.

There are other programs around, but I don't have specifics on them.

Terrell