[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] 4DOS Help with Windows 3

lodzins@pilot.njin.net (Dean Lodzinski) (02/26/91)

This may have been discussed already, so I will make my question
brief.  I installed 4DOS.  When I boot up Windows 3, it no longer
boots up in 386 enhanced mode.  If I load 4DOS with the /S:N option,
Windows boots up in 386 enhanced mode.  Is there a way to have Windows
boot in 386 mode when the /S:N option is not used so the 70K of memory
is not used when 4DOS is resident?  Any help would be...helpful.
--

Dean Lodzinski         DEAN_L@TURBO.Kean.edu, lodzins@pilot.njin.net
47 Mercury Circle      csra19@TURBO.Kean.edu or D.LODZINSKI on GEnie

dscavo@ncratl.AtlantaGA.NCR.COM (David Scavo) (02/26/91)

In <Feb.25.15.03.59.1991.14959@pilot.njin.net> lodzins@pilot.njin.net (Dean
Lodzinski) writes:

>This may have been discussed already, so I will make my question
>brief.  I installed 4DOS.  When I boot up Windows 3, it no longer
>boots up in 386 enhanced mode.  If I load 4DOS with the /S:N option,
>Windows boots up in 386 enhanced mode.  Is there a way to have Windows
>boot in 386 mode when the /S:N option is not used

Try win /3. That should force Windows 3.0 to use 386 enhanced mode...
You might want to make it an alias (maybe named w3) or you could even
make a win alias that menas "win /3", but that is a little harder, since
the * must be used to stop infinite recursive expansion.
Internet: David.Scavo@AtlantaGA.NCR.COM                 NCR Corporation
UCCP: ... !gatech!kong!ncratl!dscavo                    2651 Satellite Blvd
  "You know I'm bad because I do the Bartman"           Duluth, GA 30136