[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] soundblaster

ashing@milton.u.washington.edu (Al Shing) (09/05/90)

I have a game that supports a Covox Speech Thing.  I am considering getting
one of these, but would a Soundblaster also work with this game?  Are speech
synthesizers standardized in any way?

The game is "Friday Night Poker Club", but this is not really relevant to
the question.

--
    Al Shing (ashing@cac.washington.edu)

c135rmz@utarlg.utarl.edu (Rami Zureick) (10/26/90)

Does the Sound Blaster board come with a programming library? if not, how much
will it cost?

Rami Zureick
University of Texas at Arlington
Academic Computing Services

bill@polygen.uucp (Bill Poitras) (10/27/90)

In article <9525@helios.TAMU.EDU> c135rmz@utarlg.utarl.edu writes:
>Does the Sound Blaster board come with a programming library? if not, how much
>will it cost?
No.  I don't exactly remember.  Either $100US or $250US.  Goto to a local
computer store that carries the SB and have them let you look at the
documentation.  EggHead Software and SoftPro both carry SB.

+-----------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| Bill Poitras    | Polygen Corporation       | {princeton mit-eddie        |
|     (bill)      | Waltham, MA USA           |  bu sunne}!polygen!bill     |
|                 |                           | bill@polygen.com            |
+-----------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+

ong@d.cs.okstate.edu (ONG ENG TENG) (12/31/90)

From article <1990Dec31.233158.27945@wpi.WPI.EDU>, by hmatisa@wpi.WPI.EDU (Huzrei M. Isa):
> Anybody knows of any articles or books that discuss how to write programs
> that uses the sound blaster or adlib card?  I'm writing a game and would like
> to put some music in it using the sound card.  ANY information is GREATLY
> appreciated!

Well, right now there is only the developer kit from Creative Labs for
$100.  Hopefully some time down the line somebody would write a book about
the more technical details regarding Sound Blaster.  Hhmmm... maybe I can
take time off... No, just kidding!

hmatisa@wpi.WPI.EDU (Huzrei M. Isa) (01/01/91)

Anybody knows of any articles or books that discuss how to write programs
that uses the sound blaster or adlib card?  I'm writing a game and would like
to put some music in it using the sound card.  ANY information is GREATLY
appreciated!

-=:[ Huzrei ]:=-

EERIG07@TECHNION.BITNET (02/27/91)

hello out there-
             i'v been hearing a lot about the soundblaster music card
lately on the net, but it hasn't reached this isolated part of the world
yet. can someone please summarize ( by email ) to me on it's capabilities-
as compared to the ibm music feature for instance? also, who makes it?
any information on mail-order availability would be appreciated. thanks.
             noam.

noam@techunix.technion.ac.il.bitnet
EE dept., technion, haifa, israel.