[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Printgl available via FTP??

zlraa@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Ross Alford) (02/27/91)

In article <84380002@hpfcmdd.hp.com> edm@hpfcmdd.hp.com (Ed Moore) writes:
>This may meet your needs.  I haven't tried it.
>
>PRINTGL DESCRIPTION
>
>PrintGL is a shareware pen plotter emulator for IBM/DOS systems.
>
>PrintGL prints an HP-GL (HP Graphics Language - HP 7475, 7440/17440 subsets)
>plotfile on a matrix printer. HP-GL is widely supported by graphics programs
>including AutoCAD, Generic CADD, MathCAD, SAS, Schema, and many more. PrintGL
>has drivers for Epson, IBM, and NEC compatible 9 and 24 pin dot matrix
>printers, HP Laserjet, Deskjet, PaintJet, QuietJet, and plotters, IBM ExecJet,
>Quietwriter 2/3, and LaserPrinter, Canon LBP and BJ printers, Kodak Color 4,
>and PostScript printers. It will also display plots with a CGA, EGA, VGA, EVGA,
>or HGC, and output a .PCX or .IMG file.

It sounds *very* good.  Does anyone out there know of a source for this
available via FTP?  I am tempted to order it without seeing it, but my
experience dealing with shareware vendors from Australia suggests that
while it will eventually arrive, I'll have a long wait.  I've looked in
the December Simtel file index and the chyde.uwasa.fi index, and it
doesn't seem to be available from either source, unless someone has both
archived it under another name and failed to mention HP GL in the file
description.  I'm sure others out there would like to know this as well.

ADthanksVANCE

Ross Alford
zlraa@marlin.jcu.edu.au

--
He would have finished Goddam off then and there, but pity stayed his
hand.  "It's a pity I've run out of bullets," he thought, ...