[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Windows, .PIF, and 4DOS

jin@spdcc.COM (Jerry Natowitz) (02/27/91)

I have noticed that when I run an application in Windows that has a pif
file, a little DOS icon appears immediately before and after I am in the
application.  This happens despite COMSPEC being set to c:\4dos

I searched through all the .ini files, and the associated .txt files
to no avail.  Is command.com being invoked in order to run programs
defined by .pif files?
--
     Jerry Natowitz
     Guest user on:

brad@huey.Jpl.Nasa.GOV (Brad Hines) (02/28/91)

In article <6637@spdcc.SPDCC.COM>, jin@spdcc.COM (Jerry Natowitz) writes:
>I have noticed that when I run an application in Windows that has a pif
>file, a little DOS icon appears immediately before and after I am in the
>application.  This happens despite COMSPEC being set to c:\4dos

>I searched through all the .ini files, and the associated .txt files
>to no avail.  Is command.com being invoked in order to run programs
>defined by .pif files?

Find the file _default.pif (or something like that) and modify it to
run 4dos instaead of command.com.  This is covered in more detail in
the manual.

--
Brad Hines
Internet: brad@huey.jpl.nasa.gov