[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] 4DOS Help with Windows

lemon@qut.edu.au (02/28/91)

In article <Feb.25.15.03.59.1991.14959@pilot.njin.net>, lodzins@pilot.njin.net (Dean Lodzinski) writes:

> This may have been discussed already, so I will make my question
> brief.  I installed 4DOS.  When I boot up Windows 3, it no longer
> boots up in 386 enhanced mode.  If I load 4DOS with the /S:N option,
> Windows boots up in 386 enhanced mode.  Is there a way to have Windows
> boot in 386 mode when the /S:N option is not used so the 70K of memory
> is not used when 4DOS is resident?  Any help would be...helpful.
> --

Yes ,just have it swap to disk, and will need the /V switch as well.

John Lemon                           _--_|\  INTERNET:
Faculty of Information Technology   /      \ lemon@qut.edu.au
Queensland University of Technology \_.--._/ lemon@snow.fit.qut.edu.au
Queensland, Australia                     v
                                             BBS:
                                             Ph +61-7-372-1268