[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] unable to unzip from FTP

reeses@milton.u.washington.edu (A. Taylor) (03/01/91)

>In article reeses@milton.u.washington.edu writes:
>>
>>No, You are not the only one to have problems with binary downloads.
---random silliness deleted---

>Did you remember to type "binary" or "tenex"?
The files get to my diskspace fine.  In fact, if I go to the ethernet node I mentioned above, I can copy them to a floppy, take them home, and run them, with no difficulty whatsoever.  It's between the host and my local box.

>If it matches, then prepare to send it to the PC.  Get into Kermit and type
>"set file type binary" BEFORE you send EACH file.  My general suggestion
---more stuff removed---
>In summary, keep on typing "binary" or "set file type binary" before EACH
>file transfer.  Typing it once may not be enough....
>
>Hope this helps...  Good luck!
Again, that doesn't seem to be the problem(I re-tried it so I wouldn't put my foot _TOO_ far in my mouth:)).  Even on zmodem, if I use the -b flag for binary, I still get ERROR and garbage overflow.  My local sz is dated August 87, and it has been suggested to me that an old sz may be a problem, also.

>-Philip
Thanks, Philip,
A. Taylor