[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Who knows anything about STACKEY.COM

paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) (02/28/91)

We've been asked to inquire about a encryption package that contains
an executable by the name of STACKEY.COM. We do not know whether
this is the name of the package too. From browsing through
the contents of the executable, we know the program is
copyrighted by

R. Wilson and B. Simon

The program-contents show it being version 2.0, dated 1986.

As far as we can tell, this STACKEY.COM is being used to decrypt
files on a harddisk.

Any help is appreciated, but we would very much like to get in touch
with the authors.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Molenaar

--
        Paul Molenaar

	"Just checking the walls"
		- Basil Fawlty -

tbopp@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Tom Bopp) (03/02/91)

In article <823@nikhefk.UUCP> paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) writes:
>We've been asked to inquire about a encryption package that contains
>an executable by the name of STACKEY.COM. We do not know whether
>this is the name of the package too. From browsing through
>the contents of the executable, we know the program is
>copyrighted by
>
>R. Wilson and B. Simon
>
>  [deleted]
>
>Any help is appreciated, but we would very much like to get in touch
>with the authors.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>

>Paul Molenaar
>
>--
Barry Simon and Richard Wilson are the founders of Ctrlalt Associates
in Pasadena.  Stackey is only one of their shareware products; its
function is to read a file and stuff the information into the keyboard
buffer when another application is running, just as if it had been typed
by the user.  In a sense, it adds macro capability to any application.

Ctrl Associates
Suite 133
260 S. Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA  91101

Compuserve: 76004,I664

Phone (orders only) 1-800-872-4768
                    1-301-387-4500
               Fax: 1-301-387-7322

No phone is given in the docs for the office itself.  Good luck.

tbopp@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.edu

--
Tom Bopp         INTERNET:tbopp@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Dept of Chemistry  BITNET:tbopp@uhccux