[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] MIDI info wanted

slaski@netwrx1.NW1.COM (Robert Slaski) (03/01/91)

I want to learn more about MIDI.  I have an IBM PC.  Please provide
whatever info you might have on good books, magazines, and equipment.
Thanks much.

P.S. I am going to start getting rec.music.  Is there a MIDI newsgroup?

  Robert Slaski			Usenet:	  uunet!netwrx1!slaski
  Open Networks			Internet: slaski%netwrx1@uunet.uu.net
  11490 Commerce Park Drive               slaski@netwrx1.nw1.com
  Suite 205
  Reston, VA  22091      	Voice:    (703) 648-0013

ressler@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu (Mike "IR" Ressler) (03/01/91)

In article <1213@netwrx1.NW1.COM> slaski@netwrx1.NW1.COM (Robert Slaski) writes:
>P.S. I am going to start getting rec.music.  Is there a MIDI newsgroup?

Look for rec.music.synth. MIDI and a whole pile of other things are covered
in there. Make sure you read through available back articles before posting
your questions. Most of your questions in this post have been recently
addressed. Good luck.
--
  Mike Ressler - Infrared Photon Jockey     ressler@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu

  If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger sledgehammer.

smsmith@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Smith) (03/02/91)

In article <1213@netwrx1.NW1.COM> slaski@netwrx1.NW1.COM (Robert Slaski) writes:
>I want to learn more about MIDI.  I have an IBM PC.  Please provide
>whatever info you might have on good books, magazines, and equipment.
>Thanks much.
>
>P.S. I am going to start getting rec.music.  Is there a MIDI newsgroup?

Try rec.music.synth.  Lots of midi stuff there.

SS