[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Looking for shareware...

jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu (02/28/91)

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any public domain or shareware software that

1) Produces Gantt Charts (and possibly other stuff like CPM stuff)

2) Performs signal processing like FFT, DFT, Laplace, etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Jason
jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (03/03/91)

In article <1991Feb27.180113.3061@coral.bucknell.edu> jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu writes:

>Hi there,
>
>Does anyone know of any public domain or shareware software that
>
>1) Produces Gantt Charts (and possibly other stuff like CPM stuff)
>
>2) Performs signal processing like FFT, DFT, Laplace, etc..

I know that MathCAD by Addison-Wesely can do FFT's, and most likely the others.
I suspect that Mathematica can as well.

There is a public domain package called IRIT (avaiable in PD1:<MSDOS.IRIT> on
Simtel 20) that 'may' be capable of doing this as well.  Of course, you may
have to build the transformation equations from scratch, but once you get them
built, you probably won't have to do them again.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
>
>Jason
>jbaker@coral.bucknell.edu

Some of these other packages may be useful as well:

GANTT.ARC    PD1:<MSDOS.FLOWCHART> Good program for making GANTT charts
GANTTMAN.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.FLOWCHART> Easy project manager, makes GANTT charts
FFT128.ZIP   PD1:<MSDOS.CALCULATOR> Fast Fourier Transform/Spectrum calculator
FFT.ARC      PD1:<MSDOS.TURBO-C>    Fast Fourier Transform pgm w/C source

These are all available at:
New Mexico:  simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory listed above
                                           (PDx:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )
Missouri:    wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx
Australia:   sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1) in pub/PC/simtel-20/xxxxx

There are several mail servers that will process the ftp commands for those who
have access to e-mail, but not FTP.  Addresses are:

In North America (Simtel20 access only):

          LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU   North Dakota State University.
          LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    GET PDGET HELP PCSERV-L

Also (any ftp site):
          BITFTP@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU

   In the body of the mail have the command:
   HELP

Trickle servers (Simtel20 access only):
In Denmark:     TRICKLE@DKTC11
In Turkey:      TRICKLE@TREARN
In Italy:       TRICKLE@IMIPOLI
In Belgium:     TRICKLE@BANUFS11
In Austria:     TRICKLE@AWIWUW11
In Germany:     TRICKLE@DTUZDV1
In Spain:       TRICKLE@EB0UB011
In Israel:      TRICKLE@TAUNIVM
In Netherlands: TRICKLE@HEARN
France:         TRICKLE@FRMOP11
Germany:        TRICKLE@DB0FUB11
Chile:          TRICKLE@USACHVM1
Not sure:       TRICKLE@DS0RUS1I

(note:  these are EARN/BITNET style addresses.  Internet users should
        try BITNET domain addresses such as TRICKLE@TREAN.BITNET)

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    /HELP

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | XEDIT: Emacs
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| on a REAL