[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Info on QIC tape backup standard

mcl9337@aim1.tamu.edu (MARK CHRISTOPHER LOWE) (03/03/91)

Where might I find information on the tape data format used in systems that
utilize the QIC standard?

Thanks for your reply.

Mark C. "Bro!" Lowe - KB5III

jjohnson@peyote.cactus.org (Jeff Johnson) (03/04/91)

In article <12956@helios.TAMU.EDU> mcl9337@aim1.tamu.edu (MARK CHRISTOPHER LOWE) writes:

>Where might I find information on the tape data format used in systems that
>utilize the QIC standard?

Quarter-Inch Cartridge Drive Standards, Inc. is the clearinghouse for
this information.

QIC
311 East Carrillo Street
Santa Barbara, California  93101
(805) 963-3853
(805) 962-1541 (fax)

I have contacted them before and they were more than happy to send me
the QIC standards documents that I needed.  They also gave me contact
names and phone numbers at several tape drive manufacturers that I
wanted to talk to.

--
Jeff Johnson		10926 Jollyville #1420, Austin, TX 78759
Computer Consultant	(512) 343-0675		(512) 750-UNIX

fortaney@motcid.UUCP (Eugenio Fortanely) (03/06/91)

mcl9337@aim1.tamu.edu (MARK CHRISTOPHER LOWE) writes:
get the QIC specification. everything you ever wanted to know.

>Where might I find information on the tape data format used in systems that
>utilize the QIC standard?

>Thanks for your reply.

>Mark C. "Bro!" Lowe - KB5III

akcs.gregc@vpnet.chi.il.us (*Greg*) (03/06/91)

Hard Drives International has the Core International 120/300 meg Tape Backup
Device going for 449.00.

This device has the QIC 80 format; for the curious.
____
\GC/  Greg Clawson
 \/   Chicago IL. - The heart of America