[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Wanted: Speedstor Harddisk Prep/Part Software

opr_fowler@mcis2.enet.dec.com (John Fowler) (03/05/91)

I need a later version of Speedstor which I understand is no longer
sold over the counter to setup my Maxtor XT2190 harddisk as type 47
with 1224cyl as opposed to 1024cyl.

Please send E-mail if you can help or have a better idea for me.

Thanks,
J.Fowler

markw@hpcuhd.HP.COM (mark williams) (03/08/91)

Speedstor is available from JDR Microdevices in San Jose,CA.
I have no affiliation with them, other than as a very satisfied
long-time customer.  They advertise in most PC mags.  Good luck.

n075be@tamuts.tamu.edu (Heon Yeom) (03/08/91)

In article <116630001@hpcuhd.HP.COM> markw@hpcuhd.HP.COM (mark williams) writes:
>Speedstor is available from JDR Microdevices in San Jose,CA.
>I have no affiliation with them, other than as a very satisfied
>long-time customer.  They advertise in most PC mags.  Good luck.

 I just called JDR and was talled they do not have Speedstor anymore.
 Any other places still have it ?
 Or anybody has a copy wanting to sell ?

-- Heon Yeom
                        n075be@tamuts.tamu.edu

woan@nowhere (Ronald S Woan) (03/09/91)

In article <13193@helios.TAMU.EDU> n075be@tamuts.tamu.edu (Heon Yeom) writes:
> I just called JDR and was talled they do not have Speedstor anymore.
> Any other places still have it ?
> Or anybody has a copy wanting to sell ?

I talked to Storage Dimensions last year, and they told me that they
discontinued selling SpeedStor seperately from their hardware packages
sue to the lack of resources for dealing with support for all the
weird configurations out there.

You might look into Disk Manager from Ontrack as an alternative.

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan@peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin@iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +