[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] NCSA PC Telnet 2.3 beta 15

cwilson@yoyodyne.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Chris Wilson) (03/12/91)

	I have just posted NCSA PC Telnet ver. beta _15_ to the NCSA ftp
server (Zaphod.)  To obtain the files, ftp to "ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu" and cd to
"NCSA_Telnet/PC.2.3beta" and get "tel23bin.zip" for the executables and
"tel23src.zip" for the source.  There are also  self-extracting executables of
these files in the directory.  Please mail all bugs reports to:
"pctelbug@ncsa.uiuc.edu", and PLEASE be sure to mention that you are reporting
bugs from the beta 15 release.

Enhancements in beta 15:

1.)  DEC VT100 local printer support (routed to LPT1:).
     A lot of people mailed about that one.
2.)  background FTP tasks in Telnet don't change your current directory anymore
3.)  The mouse driver has been GREATLY improved.  ( I rewrote it.)
4.)  I have now included a TELNET.PIF file to assist people in getting Telnet
     to run under windows.  NOTE:  This does NOT guarantee that Telnet will
     actually WORK for any given person under Windows.

-Chris Wilson
 cwilson@ncsa.uiuc.edu
 Programmer, NCSA PC Telnet

cwilson@yoyodyne.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Chris Wilson) (03/13/91)

In article <29029.27dca485@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> richard@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>In article <1991Mar11.221518.12260@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, cwilson@yoyodyne.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Chris Wilson) writes:
>> 4.)  I have now included a TELNET.PIF file to assist people in getting Telnet
>
>This doesn't seem to be in tel23bin.zip.  Am I looking in the wrong place?
>--
>					--- Richard

***
Oops,  sorry.  I forgot to copy it over.  It was accidentally only included in
the source .ZIP file.  It is now in both.

-Chris Wilson
 cwilson@ncsa.uiuc.edu