[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Required scan rates for VGA?

kwf@ecersg.ncsu.edu (Ken Fernald) (03/13/91)

Can a multisync monitor with maximum scan rates of f(horizontal)=35KHz
and f(vertical)=75Hz display VGA?

--
+----------------------------+------------------------------------------------+
|    Kenneth W. Fernald      | "To recognize that nature has neither a        |

phil@brahms.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (03/13/91)

kwf@ecersg.ncsu.edu (Ken Fernald) writes:

>Can a multisync monitor with maximum scan rates of f(horizontal)=35KHz
>and f(vertical)=75Hz display VGA?

Yes, vanilla VGA only requires 31.5 KHz. I think the vertical
can go up to about 70 Hz, which is also within your stated limits.

In fact, 35 KHz is enough to run super VGA (800x600).

--
The government is not your mother.
The government doesn't love you.