[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] DOS Restore Problems

mhoffos@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (03/13/91)

I am posting this for a friend; please reply to me and I will give him the

=================
I have several disks that were backed up from MSDOS 3.2 and on trying to
restore them from the backup's the restore command is not working.  It is
coming up with a message saying that "no files were found to restore".
Any suggestions?
=================

Mike Hoffos
--
mhoffos@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca
(Mount Royal College is a community college in Calgary, Alberta)

Disclaimer:     Mount Royal College doesn't speak for me, and I *certainly*
                don't speak for it.

cur022%cluster@ukc.ac.uk (Bob Eager) (03/14/91)

In article <1991Mar12.143956.7128@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca>, mhoffos@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca writes:
> =================
> I have several disks that were backed up from MSDOS 3.2 and on trying to
> restore them from the backup's the restore command is not working.  It is
> coming up with a message saying that "no files were found to restore".
> Any suggestions?

I had this trouble recenbtly, and it was simply a matter of using the right
wildcards in the right places. Something like:

      restore a:\ c:\*.* /s

The *.* caused the error to go away......

Incompatible versions of RESTORE can cause the problem too. There is a good
restore program in SIMTEL20, but I don't remember exactly where and I don't
have the index here with me.
Bob Eager                | University of Kent at Canterbury