[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] SED for msdos

phil@cs.mcgill.ca (Philip LOCONG) (03/14/91)

Is there a SED clone for msdos, or at least a program with same
functionality. Share/public/free-ware preferred.

Thanks.

Philippe Locong
phil@cs.McGill.CA

daneman@czech.sw.mcc.com (Michael Daneman) (03/15/91)

In article <1991Mar14.044645.24463@cs.mcgill.ca> phil@cs.mcgill.ca (Philip LOCONG) writes:
> Is there a SED clone for msdos, or at least a program with same
> functionality. Share/public/free-ware preferred.

I don't see why you couldn't use EDLIN.  I has much of the same functionality
and you should be able to make it take input from a file by doing

           edlin < inputfile

       "No clever quote available today."
                                      -Mike.

phil@cs.mcgill.ca (Philip LOCONG) (03/15/91)

>I don't see why you couldn't use EDLIN.  I has much of the same
>functionality and you should be able to make it take input from
>a file by doing

It doesn't have much RE capability. Anyway someone pointed them out to
me on SIMTEL, now that I have it, I should be able to find it in my
SIMTEL listing (can't use a simple "sed" search because of "based" etc.)
Kind of chicken and egg...

Philippe Locong
phil@cs.McGill.CA

stanley@phoenix.com (John Stanley) (03/15/91)

phil@cs.mcgill.ca (Philip LOCONG) writes:

> Is there a SED clone for msdos, or at least a program with same
> functionality. Share/public/free-ware preferred.

   From the SIMTEL archives:

/PDGET MAIL PD1:<MSDOS.GNUISH>SED106.ARC UUENCODE
   --- 59195 bytes -- GNU Stream editor

steve@eros.ame.arizona.edu (Steve Cannon) (03/15/91)

In article <1991Mar14.044645.24463@cs.mcgill.ca> phil@cs.mcgill.ca (Philip LOCONG) writes:
>Is there a SED clone for msdos, or at least a program with same
>functionality. Share/public/free-ware preferred.

Yes there is. Contact me by e-mail if you want info on how to get it.

Steve Cannon <X> UUCP: ...{uunet,allegra,cmc12,hao!noao,att}!arizona!eros!steve
AME Dept.    <XXXXXXXXXX> Internet: steve@eros.ame.arizona.edu
University of Arizona <X> Bitnet: scannon@arizrvax
Tucson, AZ 85721      <X> Phone: +1 602 621-6091