[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Educator discount list: Chambers & Assoc.

kotlas@uncecs.edu (Carolyn M. Kotlas) (03/15/91)

ar12@prism.gatech.EDU (REGISTER,ANDREW H) writes:

>There used to be a company called Chambers and Associates located (I think)
>in Ft. Lauderdale that was in buisness to sell to students and faculty.  This
>was about 5 years ago.  I do not have their address and have not gotten a
>mailing from them for a long time so they may not still be around.

>If anyone knows anything about this I would like to reestablish a connection
>with them.

As far as we've been able to ascertain here in NC, Chambers is no longer
in business.  I used to get boxes of their catalogs and distribute them
to universities in NC, but last year repeated attempts to contact them
by mail and telephone failed.  A couple of UNC campuses here also had
the same problem.  Our conclusion was that they've gone out of business.
(But if they've started back up, I sure would like to know.)

However, there are other educational market distributors that handle
multiple vendors that you may want to contact:

Campus Technology Products Co.
Ms. Jackie Ryland
Sales Representative
15 Loudoun St., S.W.
P. O. Box 2909
Leesburg, VA 22075
Tel. 1-800-543-8188
Fax 703/777-9110

Diskovery Educational Systems
Mr. Daniel A. Wechsler
Vice President
1860 Old Okeechobee Rd.
Suite 105
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Tel. 1-800-331-5489

Douglas Stewart Company  (works primarily with campus bookstores)
Mr. James W. Dreger
Service/Technical Support Manager
2402 Advance Rd.
Madison, WI 53704
Tel. 1-800-356-8370
     608/221-1155
Fax  608/221-5217

Edutech
Ms. Lori Rose
Account Representative
P. O. Box 51755
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Tel. 408/372-8100
--
Carolyn Kotlas      (kotlas@uncecs.edu  or  kotlas@ecsvax.bitnet)
UNC Ed. Comp. Serv., POB 12035, Res. Triangle Pk., NC 27709  919/549-0671