[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Memory PARITY ERROR USING WINDOWS 3.0 on Z-248 AT machine

ashwini@cadence.cadence.com (Ashwini Shandilya) (03/20/91)

From: ashwini@cadence.cadence.com (Ashwini Shandilya)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware
Subject: Memory PARITY ERROR USING WINDOWS 3.0 on Z-248 AT machine
Expires:
Not long ago I upgrade my Zenith Z-248 AT compatible machine from 512K base
to 640K (back fill) and added 2MB extended memory card from DFI. Now my machine
has 640k conventional memory and 1536K of extended memory. I ran all the memory
diagnostics from MFM-200 monitor. And it seems to pass all the test. BUT....

When I installed Window 3.0  and trying invoking some games or application, the
software issues an error " Unrecovrable application error" and in the background
the system says " MEMORY PARITY ERROR".

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME OUT AS TO WHY I GET THIS KIND OF ERROR. I have CGA GRAPHICS
CARD AND A AMBER GREEN MONITOR and 40MB HARD DISK.

IS THERE ANY UTILITY IN PUBLIC DOMAIN WHICH CHECKS EXTENDED MEMORY THOROUGHLY.

-thanks in advance
-ashwini
ashwini@cadence.com