[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] BattleTech

mcl9337@aim1.tamu.edu (MARK CHRISTOPHER LOWE) (03/18/91)

In article <91059.160343IO80214@MAINE.BITNET> IO80214@MAINE.BITNET (Jake) writes:
>A friend of mine is at the last screen in BattleTech, where a pass
>word is required (the Map Room). I completed this game a long time
>ago and have since gotten rid of my paperwork on it & for the
>life of me can't recall the PW. I wonder if one of you might be able
>to supply me with that password?

Piracy ALERT!!

Actually, I don't think there was a password to enter, even though it asks
for one.  The solution to the game was to go from planet to planet in a
predetermined sequence.  Of course, you have to have the original manual
to know this sequence.  The necessary planets were in a shaded belt on the
map in the manual.  Even owning the game legitimately, it took us a good
deal of time to figure that out!  :-)

Mark C. "Bro!" Lowe - KB5III

dddean@bluemoon.uucp (David D. Dean) (03/21/91)

IO80214@MAINE.BITNET (Jake) writes:

> A friend of mine is at the last screen in BattleTech, where a pass
> word is required (the Map Room). I completed this game a long time
> ago and have since gotten rid of my paperwork on it & for the
> life of me can't recall the PW. I wonder if one of you might be able
> to supply me with that password?
>
> Jake Thompson          Bitnet: Io80214@maine
> Univ of Maine        Internet: Io80214@maine.maine.edu

The password is on the back of the book that comes with the game.

If you were look at the planets in the light green area, then you have
found the password.

David D. Dean, President       "Living in a 3-D world."
Explorer Post 891
AT&T Bell Laboratories          Columbus, Ohio
dddean@bluemoon.uucp

**** Any opinions are that of the author, and NOT of AT&T ****