[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] MS-DOS 3.3 or MS-DOS 4.01 ???

olivieri@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Luis J. Olivievi) (03/22/91)

	I am a MS-DOS 3.3 user and very soon I'm going to buy a new compute

that includes the option of MS-DOS 3.3 or 4.01.  I have not used 4.01 at all

and I would like to ask to 4.01 users about the avantages of 4.01 over 3.3 and
 also   What version should I get???

Thank you very much for any help!!!
olivieri@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu

sguerke@brahms.udel.edu (Stephen Guerke) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar22.030519.12942@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> olivieri@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Luis J. Olivievi) writes:

>	I am a MS-DOS 3.3 user and very soon I'm going to buy a new compute
>
>that includes the option of MS-DOS 3.3 or 4.01.  I have not used 4.01 at all
>
>and I would like to ask to 4.01 users about the avantages of 4.01 over 3.3 and
> also   What version should I get???
>

>Thank you very much for any help!!!
>olivieri@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu

IMHO 3.3 is superior in most ways to 4.xx.  I find it cleaner, takes
far less memory (especially if you use DOSSHELL) and works far better
with bizarre or buggy software.  I would stick with 3.3 or wait for
5.0 to be released.  Another alternative is to buy DR.DOS 5.0,  it has
gotten excellent reviews (I haven't used it myself) and helped prompt
MicroSoft to get on the stick with DOS 5.0.
---
   Stephen Guerke, Coord. Computer Resources  sguerke@brahms.udel.edu
   University of Delaware Parallel Program    stephen.guerke@mvs.udel.edu
   Georgetown, DE 19947                       ILV20078@UDELVM.UDEL.EDU