[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Importing encap-poscrpt into WfW

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (03/23/91)

In article <80330017@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com> knotts@hpl-opus.hpl.hp.com (Tom Knotts) writes:
>I want to import an encapsulated-postscript file into WfW.  I followed
>the instructions to install the macros by viewing EXAMPLES.DOC and then
>choosing `install EPS***'. It claims that I should now be able to
>insert a picture. When it detects the file to end in `.eps', it will
>create two files - one for the screen display, and one for the postscript
>printer. But when I try to insert it, it says "can't import document".
>I love helpful error messages like this.

I too ran into this problem ... people in the newsgroup comp.windows.ms
finally figured out that the w4w .eps importing REQUIRED that the same
file be available in both EPS & TIFF, presumably so that the TIFF would
be used for the preview, & EPS for the printout.

When I asked what applications generated this pair of files, I was told
that COREL DRAW (apparently the only one so far) does ... does me no
good as my EPS came from a unix application ... oh well

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr