[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] QEMM 5.12: 5.11 bugfixes?

rreiner@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) (03/25/91)

What QEMM 5.11 / DV 2.31 bugs are fixed in the latest release?  I have
been experiencing several problems with QEMM 5.11 and DV 2.31, the
most bothersome of which is sporadic system hangs when redirecting
stdout to COMx or LPTx from a shell running in a DV window.  Is this
supposed to be fixed in 5.11?  What other bugs are fixed?

And what is Quarterdeck's upgrade policy?   Will they send me 5.12
free or cheaply if I have been having a problem with 5.11?  (I only
ask this because I have heard the stories of long queues on QOS's
phone support line, and I'd rather knwo in advance what I can hope to
acheive before comitting a lot of time to waiting on hold).

Thanks,

//richard

vcl@mimas.UUCP (Victor C. Limary) (03/25/91)

rreiner@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) writes:

> And what is Quarterdeck's upgrade policy?   Will they send me 5.12
> free or cheaply if I have been having a problem with 5.11?  (I only
> ask this because I have heard the stories of long queues on QOS's
> phone support line, and I'd rather knwo in advance what I can hope to
> acheive before comitting a lot of time to waiting on hold).

If you have purchased QEMM 5.11 within the last six months, you are
entitled to a free upgrade.  Otherwise, it's something like $15 or so for
the upgrade.  When I received a letter for upgrading QEMM and DesqView to
versions 5.11 and 2.3, respectively, I sent away for it immediately and
got my stuff within a month or so.  Not too bad.

       _______
      /       \
     |  O   O  |         Victor Limary
    <|    <    |>        mimas!vcl@bbx.basis.com
     |  _____  |
      \   U   /
       "-----"

dhosek@euler.claremont.edu (Don Hosek) (03/25/91)

In article <22139@yunexus.YorkU.CA>, rreiner@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) writes:

> What QEMM 5.11 / DV 2.31 bugs are fixed in the latest release?  I have
> been experiencing several problems with QEMM 5.11 and DV 2.31, the
> most bothersome of which is sporadic system hangs when redirecting
> stdout to COMx or LPTx from a shell running in a DV window.  Is this
> supposed to be fixed in 5.11?  What other bugs are fixed?

> And what is Quarterdeck's upgrade policy?   Will they send me 5.12
> free or cheaply if I have been having a problem with 5.11?  (I only
> ask this because I have heard the stories of long queues on QOS's
> phone support line, and I'd rather knwo in advance what I can hope to
> acheive before comitting a lot of time to waiting on hold).

I just read a summary of what the changes for QEMM 5.12/DV 2.32
were on CompuServe. It looked like the QEMM changes affected
mainly windows people and the DV update was only for some diddly
QEXT thingamajobber. You may want to send mail to
76004.231@compuserve.com to find out exactly what the deal is.

The upgrade price was surprisingly low: $10 plus $5 or $10 S&H
(depending on where you live). You can even arrange to get it
electronically; check with the above compuserve address for
details.

-dh