[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Small bussiness accounting software wanted

dawdy@tellabs.com (Dan Dawdy) (03/29/91)

A friend of mine runs a small bussiness and is looking for
a good accounting package which will handle payroll, show him
when and how much to pay in quarterly taxes, run checks, ect.
I know of home packages like Quicken and Money Counts, but don't
know if they will work for a bussiness.  He would like to stay
around $100.00 or under if that is possiable.  Any help would
be great.
Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Dawdy@tellabs.com

paulb@cbnewsk.att.com (paul.l.bidwell) (03/29/91)

In article <5708@tellab5.tellabs.com> dawdy@tellabs.com (Dan Dawdy) writes:
>A friend of mine runs a small bussiness and is looking for
>a good accounting package which will handle payroll, show him
>when and how much to pay in quarterly taxes, run checks, ect.
>I know of home packages like Quicken and Money Counts, but don't
>know if they will work for a bussiness.  He would like to stay
>around $100.00 or under if that is possiable.  Any help would
>be great.
>
>Dawdy@tellabs.com

I'm also interested in this kind of info. I've noticed a program
called Paccoli 2000 can be picked up for around $30 mail order.
It is any good?

Paul Bidwell
p.l.bidwell@att.com

cb@tamarack12.timbuk (Chris Brewster) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar29.133242.29135@cbnewsk.att.com> paulb@cbnewsk.att.com

paul.l.bidwell writes:

   >A friend of mine runs a small bussiness and is looking for
   >a good accounting package which will handle payroll, show him
   >when and how much to pay in quarterly taxes, run checks, ect.
   >I know of home packages like Quicken and Money Counts, but don't
   >know if they will work for a bussiness.  He would like to stay
   >around $100.00 or under if that is possiable.

   I'm also interested in this kind of info. I've noticed a program
   called Paccoli 2000 can be picked up for around $30 mail order.
   It is any good?

I don't use accounting software myself, but I do read magazines, and I've seen
very favorable reviews of Pacioli--a best buy in the true sense.  It's a real
accounting package, not a Quicken kind of thing.  Fits the above requirements
perfectly.

Christopher Brewster