[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Panasonic KXP1124 Buffer expansion

cgaeth@amsaa-cleo.brl.mil (Christopher Gaeth) (03/27/91)

    I hate to bring this up again because I know it has be asked before.  A
few months back there was a discussion about adding a 32k buffer to the
KXP1124 and if I'm not mistaken the author said that the chip cost him only
six dollars.  Did anyone keep a copy of this or know the individual that did
this?  Does it work okay,etc??

    If it did I would like to do the same thing to mine. Thanks in advance.

Chris Gaeth                     |  My opinions are my own Tues-Thurs.  The
P.O. Box 260                    |  rest of the week I'm not responsible.
Belcamp, MD. 21017-0260         |
(301) 278-6395                  |
cgaeth@amsaa-cleo.brl.mil       |

gregf@hpnmdla.hp.com (Greg Farrell) (03/31/91)

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc, cgaeth@amsaa-cleo.brl.mil (Christopher Gaeth) writes:

>     I hate to bring this up again because I know it has be asked before.  A
> few months back there was a discussion about adding a 32k buffer to the
> KXP1124 and if I'm not mistaken the author said that the chip cost him only
> six dollars.  Did anyone keep a copy of this or know the individual that did
> this?  Does it work okay,etc??

Chris -

You need a 32K X 8 CMOS static ram - -try Hitachi 62256LP-12.  They
can be purchased from Microchips ? Unlimited ph: 918-267-4961 at about
$12 each, but you can shop around and probably get a better price.  I have
done the retrofit and it significantly improves the performance.

Hope this helps.

Greg