[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] xwd to gif

edwong@bucsf.bu.edu (Edward Wong) (03/31/91)

Is there any way that I can convert a x window picture to a gif formatted
picture?  I have a picture with .xwd extension and I only have a pc to view
the gif.
--
8)
  _               _     | user's name:  Edward Wong

woan@nowhere (Ronald S Woan) (04/01/91)

In article <EDWONG.91Mar30215552@bucsf.bu.edu> edwong@bucsf.bu.edu writes:
>Is there any way that I can convert a x window picture to a gif formatted
>picture?  I have a picture with .xwd extension and I only have a pc to view
>the gif.

Jef Poskanzer's PBMPLUS package for UNIX can handle this... Available
via anonymous FTP from ftp.ee.lbl.gov.

+ Ronald S. Woan                woan@cactus.org or woan@austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +