[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] A good PC book is needed

smsmith@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Smith) (04/03/91)

In article <4263@bnr-rsc.UUCP> simonl@bnr.ca (Simon-Cheuk Leung) writes:
>I realize this had probably been asked in the past, but I haven't captured
>the information. I have been out of touch on PC for some years. Can anyone
>point me to some good books or reading material that provides an introductory
>overview of the 386/486's hardware and system software. As I remember, there
>was a book called "Inside the IBM PC" by Peter Norton, describes the 8088 pc
>hardware and system software especially good coverage of floppy disk and
>disk files. The book is definitely out-of-date.

Not anymore.  If you buy the latest version (1990), it talks in detail
about 386's and 486's.  It's an EXCELLENT and up-to-date book.  I
highly recommend it.

Stephen M. Smith  \  +  /
 ircc.ohio-state. \  +  /      {7%*@,..":27g)-=,#*:.#,/6&1*.4-,l@#9:-)  "
 edu>             \  +  /
 BTW, WYSInaWYG   \  +  /                              --witty.saying.ARC