[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] KX-P1091 buffer upgrade?

umcarls9@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Carlson) (04/04/91)

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the buffer in an old
Panasonic KX-P1091?   I believe the manual says it can be upgraded.
I opened up the printer and looked, the only empty socket is one that
has 2764 printed underneath it, which is a ROM number.

Charles

lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, Gen DataComm, +1 203 758-1811) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr4.001059.16732@ccu.umanitoba.ca>, umcarls9@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Carlson) writes:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the buffer in an old
> Panasonic KX-P1091?   I believe the manual says it can be upgraded.
> I opened up the printer and looked, the only empty socket is one that
> has 2764 printed underneath it, which is a ROM number.

Yes, I have done it. You basically change the RAM chip. I forget, was it
a 1K chip to a 2K chip, or 2K chip to an 8K chip? This was 3 years ago. You
also have to change one of the wire jumpers. If you are REALLY interested,
I could look it up. Basically, just looking at the RAM, together with
a memory data book, figure out which jumper brings the extra address lines
to the chip.

-----
Seng-Poh Lee				Work:	lee@gdc.portal.com
Technology Center			...!uunet!portal!gdc!lee
General DataComm Ind. Inc.		Home:	lee%splee.uucp@hsi.com
Middlebury, CT				...!uunet!hsi!splee!lee
|                   T H I S   S P A C E  F O R  R E N T                   |