[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Quick C information. Masm information

kushmer@bnlux1.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) (04/02/91)

What memory models does the quick c compiler support?

Does Masm support a key word (directive) .MODEL as in .MODEL LARGE?
If so, since which version. My version complains of a syntax error
when it encounters .MODEL LARGE.

If not MASM, what assembler does have such a directive?

Thanks

--
Chris Kushmerick                                 kciremhsuK sirhC
kushmer@bnlux1.bnl.gov    <===Try this one first

dug@druhi.ATT.COM (Doug Elwood) (04/05/91)

In article <3656@polari.UUCP>, lsh@polari.UUCP (Lee Hauser) writes:
> In article <1991Apr1.194210.1093@bnlux1.bnl.gov> kushmer@bnlux1.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:
> >What memory models does the quick c compiler support?
> >
> Quick C supports all the models MS C does -- small, medium, compact and large,
> at least, maybe huge as well.
		  ^^^^ (this too!)

> >Does Masm support a key word (directive) .MODEL as in .MODEL LARGE?
> >If so, since which version. error
>
> I think all versions after 5.0 support something like this, but I'm not sure.

MS/Quick C with the Quick Assembler does all of these things,

The interface is okay, nothing tremendous, you can get help screens
just by double clicking on directives, functions, etc.  But the menu
system will ask you to save/discard changes everytime you recompile
your program.  A real pain in the butt, no setup option to override
this silly prompt.

The assembler is a little flakey, duplicate symbols generate unrelated
errors, and other odd errors that are side affects of an error that the
assembler doesn't mention.

For the price, it's hard to beat this pair though.

Doug Elwood
dug@druhi.att.com or att!druhi!dug