[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Real Time PC Software developer addresses

sandy@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Sandy Walsh) (04/02/91)

Hi there,

Could anyone out there please send me the mailing addresses and names
of developers of real time software for PC's.

By "real time" I mean, software which communicates with I/O devices
like PLC's (Modicon/ Allen-Bradley / Siemens/ etc) or with direct
hardware like OPTO-22, ALPHA-BUS, DATA TRANSLATION, etc.

I am interested in getting estimates of their rates, and the sorts of
features their software provides.

Most of these types packages should be able to provide logic control,
data logging, on-line trending of analog values, remote I/O and control
capabilites, alarm mimics, etc. Also, it should work on standard PC's with
CGA/EGA/VGA/HGA etc.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated,
I will post results if sufficient interest is generated.

Thanx in advance,
Sandy Walsh

| "Vrooom ... What was that?     | Sandy (Books) Walsh      |  /\O  Yee|
|  That was your life, mate.     | Memorial University      |    #\/Haa|
|  Do I get another one?         | St.John's, NF, Canada    |    #__   |
|  Nope, sorry. One's your lot." | Computer Science Dept.   | /\/   \/ |
|	- Basil Fawlty               | sandy@garfield.cs.mun.ca | |||||||| |

craig@ernie.Rosemount.COM (Craig Taylor) (04/05/91)

My attempts at mail failed.

 To: sandy@garfield.cs.mun.ca

 In article <1991Apr1.191148.9728@garfield.cs.mun.ca> you write:

 >Could anyone out there please send me the mailing addresses and names
 >of developers of real time software for PC's.
 >
 >By "real time" I mean, software which communicates with I/O devices
 >like PLC's (Modicon/ Allen-Bradley / Siemens/ etc) or with direct
 >hardware like OPTO-22, ALPHA-BUS, DATA TRANSLATION, etc.
 >
 >Thanx in advance,
 >Sandy Walsh

 You could start out by looking in the advertisements in INTECH,
 the magazine from ISA.  Libraries or EE/ChemE types may have it.
 ISA also has a directory of instrumentation.

 I know that TA Engineering has a product that does this sort of thing:
 T A Engineering
 1605 Schol St. Moraga CA  94556 (415) 376-8500

 Also Intellution Inc.
 315 Norwood Park South, Norwood MA 02062 (617) 769-8878

 Analog Devices may have something also.

 Craig Taylor
 craig@ernie.rosemount.com