[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] CUT/PASTE TSR wanted.

c60b-1eq@e260-1f.berkeley.edu (Noam Mendelson) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr4.124339.18315@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au> s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Miramar) writes:
>I'm looking for a CUT/PASTE TSR for use on my XT laptop. Just something simple
>similar to the mark/transfer feature on Desqview. Has anyone used such a
>program? PD, shareware or commercial? I have tried something called cutpaste
>but it crashes the computer when I used it with Telix. My laptop is an
>Amstrad PPC640 DD, 640k RAM, CGA/MDA. I usually use it in MDA mode.

Try CTRLALT.  Although it's old (from 1987), it's an absolute gem of a TSR
IMHO.  Written in assembler, it takes only 7K of resident memory and
offers cut/paste, popup ASCII tables, and more.  I believe it's on simtel20
(sorry, am not sure of the path).

+==========================================================================+
| Noam Mendelson   ..!agate!ucbvax!web!c60b-1eq | "I haven't lost my mind, |
| c60b-1eq@web.Berkeley.EDU                     |  it's backed up on tape  |
| University of California at Berkeley          |  somewhere."             |

campbell@dev8o.mdcbbs.com (Tim Campbell) (04/09/91)

--
Typically a Cut/Paste TSR works by calculating the offset from the start of
the video memory of the data you want to cut.  You mentioned that you usually

I have Sidekick Plus - but if all you want is cut/paste then sidekick is a
bit of a memory pig.  I have some other PD utility which I came accross -
it's about 3-4 years old and I never use it - it _ONLY_ does cut/paste.
I'll check the softare and followup with the name - it might be the same
utility you already have.

	-Tim

	  In real life:  Tim Campbell - Electronic Data Systems Corp.
     Usenet:  campbell@dev8.mdcbbs.com   @ McDonnell Douglas M&E - Cypress, CA
       also:  tcampbel@einstein.eds.com  @ EDS - Troy, MI
 CompuServe:  71631,654	 	 (alias  71631.654@compuserve.com)

IO92203@MAINE.BITNET (Scott Maxell) (04/09/91)

    Use SNIPPER.COM from PC magazine. You can FTP it from wuarchive.wustl.edu
in the directory mirrors/msdos/pcmag.  You may need to look through the index
for the exact file.

//////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
+---------+ Scott Maxell  -- Bitnet   ->> IO92203 @ maine
+---------+ do, not what I tell it to do..."

cho@sol4.cs.psu.edu (Sehyeong Cho) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr4.124339.18315@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au> s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Miramar) writes:
>I'm looking for a CUT/PASTE TSR for use on my XT laptop. Just something simple
>similar to the mark/transfer feature on Desqview. Has anyone used such a
>program? PD, shareware or commercial? I have tried something called cutpaste
>but it crashes the computer when I used it with Telix. My laptop is an
>Amstrad PPC640 DD, 640k RAM, CGA/MDA. I usually use it in MDA mode.
>
>--
I'm not familiar with Desqview, but..
I'm modifying a terminal emulator so I can cut text on my CGA screen and send
it to remote host.
I'm doing this to rlogin to a unix host, open emacs windows on the host
and cut text on the screen and send it to the host, possibly with some
cursor-moving button tricks (a crude simulation of xterm :-).
I'm not sure if that's what you need.

--
                      |  Yesterday I was a student.
     Sehyeong Cho     |  Today I am a student.
     cho@cs.psu.edu   |  Tomorrow I'll probably still be a student.