[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] software to check performance of a pc

valley@uchicago (Doug Dougherty) (04/11/91)

pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:

>Can someone please mail me the machine:pathname/filename of some pd
>software that I can get from anonymous ftp to check the performance of
>a pc (cpu, disk).  I have si.exe but want something else, like
>atspeed or cpuspeed (I have old versions that do not work on 33mhz
>machines).  I don't know where the heck I got them from or what their
>name's were.  Thanks

Something called "MIPS" was posted to cbip a little while ago.  I like
it a lot (use it in preference to SI now).  It was written, believe it
or not, by Chips & Technologies.

I can send it to you if you can't get it elsewhere.

(valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu, just in case this news poster is still hosed)
--

	(no .sig yet)
	(By the way, is it really true that no one takes you seriously