[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Problem with Telix capture buffer/file

rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu (The Duke of Dark Corners) (04/12/91)

I have a problem with Telix; it occurs with both version 3.12 and 3.15.
When I use Alt-L to capture a file, or look at the scrollback buffer,
all tabs (^I) have been stripped.  I noticed that Telix strips VT100
control characters too, which is fine, but I need those tabs!

(Just try reading an ls -C without them)

My translate table shows no translations.

Anybody have a fix?

|   Randy Spangler                   |   Get your mind out of the gutter   |
|   rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu   |   you're blocking my periscope      |

ralphs@seattleu.edu (Ralph Sims) (04/12/91)

rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu (The Duke of Dark Corners) writes:

> I have a problem with Telix; it occurs with both version 3.12 and 3.15.
> When I use Alt-L to capture a file, or look at the scrollback buffer,
> all tabs (^I) have been stripped.  I noticed that Telix strips VT100
> control characters too, which is fine, but I need those tabs!

Try going in with tty mode instead of VT100, unless you REALLY need
VT100 for those special sessions.

--
                    halcyon!ralphs@seattleu.edu
  The 23:00 News and Mail Service - +1 206 292 9048 - Seattle, WA USA