[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Using Software Carousel with Procomm?

shedevil@leland.Stanford.EDU (Annie) (04/17/91)

Well, after many people suggested it, and one person loaned it [:-)]
I now have Software Carousel.

And you know what? I STILL can't get $%^&!(%&$(%)&! Procomm (Plus) to work!

Now the problem is when switching back to Procomm from another application
(or even dos) I get a blanked black screen with a blue border.  Reading
the docs I can only assume it's because of how Procomm draws the screen
(graphically rather than just totally text); but please! Somebody
prove me wrong!! <waaaaah>

--
 mother - law student - antifeminist - suny@b class of 89 - fathers' rightist
   Anne (She Devil) Mitchell - Stanford Law - shedevil@leland.stanford.edu

splee@wookumz.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Seng-Poh Lee, Speedy) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr17.010438.6273@leland.Stanford.EDU> shedevil@leland.Stanford.EDU (Annie) writes:

>And you know what? I STILL can't get $%^&!(%&$(%)&! Procomm (Plus) to work!
>
>Now the problem is when switching back to Procomm from another application
>(or even dos) I get a blanked black screen with a blue border.  Reading
>the docs I can only assume it's because of how Procomm draws the screen
>(graphically rather than just totally text); but please! Somebody
>prove me wrong!! <waaaaah>

I use Procomm Plus with Carousel everyday at work. I don't have ANY problems
switching between Procomm and another screen. Procomm DOESN'T draws the
screen graphically. It draws it in character mode. What monitor card
are you using? I use it with a standard VGA. Could be a problem with your
VGA card.

---
SPL
splee@gnu.ai.mit.edu