[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Wanted: Program to

P.Kay@massey.ac.nz (Peter Kay) (04/19/91)

Can someone point me to a program that will reboot a pc from the second
floppy disc drive? Don't ask me why!

   Thanks
   Peter Kay

raymond@math.berkeley.edu (Raymond Chen) (04/19/91)

In article <532sis-a@massey.ac.nz>, P.Kay@massey (Peter Kay) writes:
>Can someone point me to a program that will reboot a pc from the second
>floppy disc drive?

As the following extract from the `old questions' file illustrates:

S: Boot from drive B:
Q: wallwey@boulder.Colorado.EDU (WALLWEY DEAN WILLIAM) 22 Jun 90
Q: ejost@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Ernest J. Obusek) 11 Jul 90
R: v081nhdb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Nina Banerjee) 20 Jul 90
R: richard@smosjc.UUCP (Richard Asano) 20 Jul 90
>Reprinted from PC Magazine, April 10, 1990:
>B: Boot! ($20+$2 shipping) YWSoft, PO Box 2231, Bloomington, IN 47401;
>(812) 857-4772).  You stick the B:Boot! disk into drive A: and bootable DOS
>diskette into drive B: and reboot the computer.  B:Boot! forces the machine
>to boot from the B: drvie, and from then on the machine recognizes the two
>drives as reversed.
Q: jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) 21 Feb 91

The question has appeared three times in the past year (a moderate amount),
and one of the replies is reprinted above.

Instructions on how to obtain the `old questions' file can be found in
the Frequently Asked Questions file; it contains references to over
250 questions, including such weekly favourites like `How do I read a
Macintosh/Apple/Commodore/whatever disk on my IBM PC?' and `Can anyone
recommend a grammar checker?'