[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] GIF viewer for Diamond SpeedSTAR VGA

fsninja@perch.lerc.nasa.gov (Michael Hathaway) (04/11/91)

I am looking for a GIF viewer which will provide extended mode capabilities
for the Diamond SpeedSTAR VGA card with 1 Meg memory.  I have had no luck
using several different GIF viewers, including one which supported various
drivers (ATI, Paradise, Orchid), for viewing high resolution (800X600 or
higher) GIF files with 256 colors.  I have had success displaying the same
high resolution files with 256 colors on other PC's using other VGA cards
and I have had no problems running WINDOWS with 8000X600X256 colors using
the Diamond SpeedSTAR VGA card so I am sure the problem is that the GIF
viewers I'm using do not support the Diamond SpeedSTAR VGA card.

If you know of any GIF viewers that will work with this video card running
extended modes please reply... Thanks in advance.

ziegenfE@batman.moravian.EDU (Eric W. Ziegenfus) (04/17/91)

In <1991Apr11.165014.2763@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> fsninja@perch.lerc.nasa.gov (Michael Hathaway) writes:

>If you know of any GIF viewers that will work with this video card running
>extended modes please reply... Thanks in advance.

I have CSHOW 8.24 which works at 800x600x256 and 1024x768x256 on a SpeedSTAR
VGA card. There is a Tseng driver for CSHOW.

alec_vondjidis@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Alec Vondjidis) (04/19/91)

>In <1991Apr11.165014.2763@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> fsninja@perch.lerc.nasa.gov
>(Michael Hathaway) writes:
>
>>If you know of any GIF viewers that will work with this video card running
>>extended modes please reply... Thanks in advance.

The latest CSHOW should work, since they have had Tseng 4000 support since
version 89B (Definitely in CSHOW90B).  Also VPIC since verion 3.3; they are
now at version 3.4 (which I have) or later.

Hope this Helps

                 ___  ___
      /\   |    |    |       GEnie: P.VONDJIDIS1
     /__\  |    |--  |      Usenet: alec_vondjidis@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca