[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Telix v3.15

flaat@cobber.cord.edu (Christopher Flaat) (04/22/91)

I recently acquired version 3.15 of Telix, the communications program.
They said that they fixed it so that the option to disable the destructive
backspace had been added, but whenever I make backspace nondestructive,
something mysterious happens -- the next time I run Telix, it seems to have
been saved.  But the NEXT time, it's back to destructive backspace!!
Does anyone from Exis read this group who could help, or does anyone have
any suggestions?

--
%===========================%==========================================%
%   flaat@cobber.cord.edu   |     There's a difference between not     %

s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Miramar [Eugene Mok]) (04/23/91)

flaat@cobber.cord.edu (Christopher Flaat) writes:

>I recently acquired version 3.15 of Telix, the communications program.
>They said that they fixed it so that the option to disable the destructive
>backspace had been added, but whenever I make backspace nondestructive,
>something mysterious happens -- the next time I run Telix, it seems to have
>been saved.  But the NEXT time, it's back to destructive backspace!!

The only thing I can think of is that you have not set destructive backspace
to off in your dialing directory entry. That overrides the destructive
backspace setting in the options menu. Check that out.

--
     \  ^  /                 eugene@pogo.ai.mit.edu       (USA)