[net.music] Paul Is Dead

allynh@ucbvax.ARPA (Allyn Hardyck) (07/24/85)

In article <4766@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:
>Paul died (probably shortly before "Rubber Soul") and was replaced by an
>impersonator with even more talent.

Paul died on November 9, 1966, a "stupid bloody Tuesday".  He was driving
his Aston Martin when "he blew his mind out in a car / he didn't notice
that the lights had changed".  (also "you were in a car crash / and you lost
your head").  His head was severed from his body and he was brought to a
hospital and O.P.D. (Officially Pronounced Dead, viz. the badge on his
uniform on, um, Sgt. Pepper, I believe).

More info on the whole Paul is Dead thing in _The Beatles Forever_  (I'm
not home right now.)  (If you want to leave a message, just start - sorry...)

allyn
"My leg's asleep.  Let's live here."