[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] help! compaq Bios don't find comm 3 & 4

lev@slced1.nswses.navy.mil (Lloyd E Vancil) (04/25/91)

 In article <9364@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL> i wrote:
>Help!  I just discovered that the BIOS for the COMPAQ SLT 286 does not look
>for comms above 2.. :-(
>I have been trying to add comm 3 & 4 to the docking station now for some time
>after much !@#$%^&* and frustration I finally found a comm board maker that
>seems to know of what they speak.
>By using debug and looking at :0400 we find
>           F8 02 F8 02 00 00 00 00
>The engineer on the phone claims this is the "equipment table"  and that the
>addresses for comm 3 & 4 should be here.
etc etc...

Thanks  to everyone for replys
Turns out there is a fix if you have the correct dos version and matching
User programs disk.  Compaq finally got back to me, and when I found
out my original (Mail order) supplier got things so fouled up that I didn't
get the user programs docs or matching software nor did I get upgrade info that
would have fixed it properly...
  I was ANGRY!!

My local Compaq dealer has been helpful.
for those of you that are curious
Mode addrcomx=hhhh
Mode comx:ss,p,b,st
where hhhh = hex address of comm