[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Epsilon: $109

u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Stanton Loh) (04/17/91)

Since several people have sent me mail asking where to get Epsilon
at a better price than the $195 direct from Lugaru price, I though
I'd post it.

The Programmer's Shop
(800) 421-8006

The price for (Dos) Epsilon 5.0 as of 4/17 is $109.  I am a very
happy Epsilon user, although I admit I haven't used GNU Emacs, or
Sage, and only briefly Brief.

Epsilon is fast, has undo and redo, handles multiple windows and
buffers, edits large files, has regular expression searching,
and many other features.  It indents C code the way I like it,
and its features are easy to extend with EEL (which although is
not an interpreter, can be all done without leaving Epsilon).

Epsilon is CUI, not GUI.  No mouse support.

I was frustrated with microEmacs when it couldn't edit its own
360Kb doc file - I routinely edit files > 5 Mb with Epsilon.

I'm not associated with Lugaru, but would be glad to answer any
questions about Epsilon - I initially purchased Epsilon after
Net advice.

Stanton Loh
u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

jerry@gumby.Altos.COM (Jerry Gardner) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr16.235659.4089@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Stanton Loh) writes:

>Epsilon is fast, has undo and redo, handles multiple windows and
>buffers, edits large files, has regular expression searching,
>and many other features.  It indents C code the way I like it,
>and its features are easy to extend with EEL (which although is
>not an interpreter, can be all done without leaving Epsilon).

Anyone know if there is a demo or crippleware version of Epsilon that
I can try out?  I hate to pay over $100 for software that may not
meet my requirements.

--
Jerry Gardner, NJ6A					Altos Computer Systems
UUCP: {sun|pyramid|sco|amdahl|uunet}!altos!jerry	2641 Orchard Parkway

hnridder@cs.ruu.nl (Ernst de Ridder) (04/25/91)

In <4831@gumby.Altos.COM> jerry@gumby.Altos.COM (Jerry Gardner) writes:

>In article <1991Apr16.235659.4089@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Stanton Loh) writes:

>Anyone know if there is a demo or crippleware version of Epsilon that
>I can try out?  I hate to pay over $100 for software that may not
>meet my requirements.
There isn't (at least not that I know of) but Lugaru has a 60-day money-back
garante, and so do a lot of mailorder services.

	Ernst
--
popa
iret

Qualitas qualitatem inducit.  Semper ego qualitatem.
Ernst de Ridder                     (student) | Email: hnridder@cs.ruu.nl
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University | Fido: Ernst de.Ridder
UUCP: !mcsun!hp4nl!ruuinf!praxis!hnridder     |       2:284/203.6

toma@sail.LABS.TEK.COM (Tom Almy) (04/25/91)

In article <4831@gumby.Altos.COM> jerry@altos.COM (Jerry Gardner) writes:

>Anyone know if there is a demo or crippleware version of Epsilon that
>I can try out?  I hate to pay over $100 for software that may not
>meet my requirements.

If you order directly from Lugaru, you get a 30 day free trial period, and
you can return it for full refund with no questions asked.

--
Tom Almy
toma@sail.labs.tek.com

wilker@noether.math.purdue.edu (Clarence Wilkerson) (04/26/91)

Where can one find sources/executables for CRISP, the BRIEF clone?
Clarence Wilkerson