[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] composite video output from EGA/VGA cards

v087mxgb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) (04/30/91)

Hi all,

I have been able to tap the CV output on my CGA card
so I can run it to a large screen TV for demos/classes
etc.........

Is there *ANY* way I can do this from an EGA &/or VGA card???

Thanks for any info

St

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) (04/30/91)

In article <73672@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v087mxgb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) writes:

>Hi all,
>
>I have been able to tap the CV output on my CGA card
>so I can run it to a large screen TV for demos/classes
>

>Is there *ANY* way I can do this from an EGA &/or VGA card???

Yes, if you have a VGA and a TV with RBG inputs, or if you are willing
to use B&W or gray scale. You can play with  registers and get close to NTSC
frequencies. I can send code to generate 640x200 graphics or 25x80 text.

Doug McDonald