[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] 4Gbyte addressing in real mode on 386

dmj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (04/29/91)

A while back there were several items regarding 4-gigabyte addressing in real
mode on the 386.  I tried one of the techniques but I couldn't get it to work.
Has anybody done this successfully?  Can you give me any more information.
Thanks.

phaethon@kontu.utu.fi (Timo Eronen, Space Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Finland.) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr29.153421.4337@vax5.cit.cornell.edu>, dmj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> A while back there were several items regarding 4-gigabyte addressing in real
> mode on the 386.  I tried one of the techniques but I couldn't get it to work.
> Has anybody done this successfully?  Can you give me any more information.
> Thanks.

Which "technique" did you try? The one introduced by Tom Roden in
Programmer's Journal vol 7.6 Nov. '89 works perfectly ok.
-tke, phaethon@utu.fi