[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Help locating Gary Perlman, author of STAT 5.3

segre@cs.cornell.edu (Alberto M. Segre) (04/30/91)

We have an old copy of STAT 5.3, a collection of data manipulation and
analysis programs for UNIX and MSDOS written by Gary Perlman. This is
a rather nice collection of statistical tools, suitable for
quick-n-dirty computation on small datasets. It was very cheap -- I
believe the licensing cost was something like $20 for UNIX and $15 for
MSDOS in 1987.

I would like to know if there is a more recent version of STAT
available.  Unfortunately, the authors' last known address (from the
distribution):

   Gary Perlman
   Wang Institute
   Tyng Road
   Tyngsboro, MA 01879 USA
   UUCP: decvax!wanginst!perlman.uucp
   CSNET: perlman@wanginst.csnet

is out of date (the Wang Institute is no longer in existence). Does
anyone know how I can reach the author?

-alberto

=====

Alberto M. Segre
Assistant Professor
segre@cs.cornell.edu
Department of Computer Science
Upson Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY  14853-7501

Tel (607) 255-9196
Fax (607) 255-4428

--

-alberto

=====

donham@prarie.enet.dec.com (Progress Through Tradition) (04/30/91)

The Nashua NH (down the street from Tyngsboro) lists a Gary J Perlman at
11 Laredo Circle...zip might be 03062. Phone is 603.880.3503.

Good luck...

Perry Donham
Digital Education

ted@dgbt.doc.ca (Ted Grusec) (05/01/91)

Latest is v. 5.4. Just got it for myself.

Gary Perlman
The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH 43210-1277
perlman@cis.ohio-state.edu

Ted Grusec    Communications Research Centre    (Govt. of Canada, DOC)
 3701 Carling Ave., Ottawa, Ont.K2H 8S2, CANADA  Internet: ted@dgbt.doc.ca
  Compuserve: 73607,1576  (613) 998 2762   Fax (613) 993 8657

oneill@ulowell.ulowell.edu (Brian 'Doc' O'Neill) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr30.000509.9254@cs.cornell.edu> segre@cs.cornell.edu (Alberto M. Segre) writes:

>   Gary Perlman
>   Wang Institute
>   Tyng Road
>   Tyngsboro, MA 01879 USA
>   UUCP: decvax!wanginst!perlman.uucp
>   CSNET: perlman@wanginst.csnet
>
>is out of date (the Wang Institute is no longer in existence). Does
>anyone know how I can reach the author?

I thing the poeple there would be very upset to hear that :^). The old Wang
Institute of Graduate Studies is now the Wang Institute of Boston
University, which sponsors a lot of technical conferences. I used to work
there. The mail address and system name have changed, but don't bother -
their mail hasn't been working properly.

I believe Gary Perlman has gone to Ohio State University. He left several
years ago, before I started there.
Brian O'Neill - Systems Manager, Computer Science, University of Lowell
Internet: oneill@ulowell.edu				 (508) 934-3645
UUCP: harvard!ulowell!oneill