[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Exteneded mem to expanded mem

asamonte@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Alex R. Samonte) (04/27/91)

I am in need of a driver that will convert extended memory to expanded memory
For s 286 machine.  It should not take up much conventiona memory, or be
able to load itself into high memory. If anyone knows of such a program, please
drop me a line.

--
 // Clay is molded to make a vessel, but the utility of the vessel lies  \\
||  in the space where there is nothing. Thus, taking advantage of what   ||

tamboer@cs.vu.nl (Tamboer Erik) (04/28/91)

asamonte@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Alex R. Samonte) writes:

>I am in need of a driver that will convert extended memory to expanded memory
>For s 286 machine.  It should not take up much conventiona memory, or be
>able to load itself into high memory. If anyone knows of such a program, please
>drop me a line.

Me too, please. I have one that says it supports LIM/EMS 4.0 except for...
Well, Lotus 1-2-3 hangs with this one. I have 3456k ext. mem. if this matters.

Erik
--
|  Erik Tamboer       o  |  "You know, there are many people in the  |
|  tamboer@cs.vu.nl  <\  |  country today who,  through no fault of  |

dlow@pollux.svale.hp.com (Danny Low) (05/03/91)

>I am in need of a driver that will convert extended memory to expanded memory
>For s 286 machine.  It should not take up much conventiona memory, or be
>able to load itself into high memory. If anyone knows of such a program, please
>drop me a line.

I have tried several commercial and free/shareware programs to do this.
They are all slow and some are quite huge. I eventually gave up. Try
Move'em or Abovedisk if you want to waste some money and time.

			   Danny Low
    "Question Authority and the Authorities will question You"
	   Valley of Hearts Delight, Silicon Valley
	     HP NPCD   dlow@pollux.svale.hp.com