[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] TCP/IP/Novell/terminal emulator for Wollongong

todd@pinhead.pegasus.com (Todd Ogasawara) (04/30/91)

I am using Wollongong's WIN/TCP for DOS to talk to my UNIX box from
a Novell network via Wollongong's WIN/ROUTE for DOS (this routes the
encapsulated TCP/IP packets within an IPX packet to get to my UNIX box).
The problem is that the vt100 emulator that is used by both the telnet and
rlogin software from Wollongong has a few problems and I would like to use
another terminal emulator. Wollongong allows you to use another emulator.
However, the software must go through interrupt 14. I don't have anything
that does that (Kermit, Procomm, etc.).

Does anyone know of any public domain/shareware/commercial terminal
emulator that will let me use this intr 14 hook with my Wollongong
software? Thanks...todd

--
Todd Ogasawara ::: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Internet       ::: todd@pinhead.pegasus.com

todd@pinhead.pegasus.com (Todd Ogasawara) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr29.215557.10095@pinhead.pegasus.com> todd@pinhead.pegasus.com (Todd Ogasawara) writes:
]I am using Wollongong's WIN/TCP for DOS to talk to my UNIX box from
]a Novell network via Wollongong's WIN/ROUTE for DOS (this routes the
]encapsulated TCP/IP packets within an IPX packet to get to my UNIX box).
]The problem is that the vt100 emulator that is used by both the telnet and
]rlogin software from Wollongong has a few problems and I would like to use
]another terminal emulator. Wollongong allows you to use another emulator.
]However, the software must go through interrupt 14. I don't have anything
]that does that (Kermit, Procomm, etc.).

Thanks to the many people who set me sent e-mail telling me the answer to
my problems. Good ol' MS Kermit 3.10 (which I already had) did the trick.

I call Kermit from the Wollongong MS-DOS software using the command

	telnet -e kermit hostname

or a batch file containing the lines

	rlogin hostname -e -l username
	kermit

and have

	SET PORT BIOS1

in my MSKERMIT.INI file (along with my normal setup).

Now everything works just fine. Thanks again to everyone who responded!

--

mays@panther.gatech.edu (Dick Mays) (05/07/91)

In article <1991Apr29.215557.10095@pinhead.pegasus.com> todd@pinhead.pegasus.com (Todd Ogasawara) writes:
>I am using Wollongong's WIN/TCP for DOS to talk to my UNIX box from
>a Novell network via Wollongong's WIN/ROUTE for DOS (this routes the
>encapsulated TCP/IP packets within an IPX packet to get to my UNIX box).
>The problem is that the vt100 emulator that is used by both the telnet and
>rlogin software from Wollongong has a few problems and I would like to use
>another terminal emulator. Wollongong allows you to use another emulator.
>However, the software must go through interrupt 14. I don't have anything
>that does that (Kermit, Procomm, etc.).
>
>Does anyone know of any public domain/shareware/commercial terminal
>emulator that will let me use this intr 14 hook with my Wollongong
>software? Thanks...todd

A recent article in (I believe) PC-Week, surveyed communications programs
for networking environments.  Several of the programs supported the INT 14
interface.  Crosstalk Mark IV, and Smartcom EXEC, were the top rated programs
and both support the INT 14 interface.

I work for Hayes and am biased, of course, but EXEC is an outstanding
value, available retail for around $70, and was recently a PC-Mag
Editor's choice COMM program.

-- Dick Mays

MAYS, RICHARD CHAPMAN
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!sybil!mays
Internet: mays@cc.gatech.edu