[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Difference between QuickC 2.5 and QC 2.0?

lchen@cs.ubc.ca (Lee Li-Jen Chen) (04/26/91)

Hi,

I am wondering what are the major differences between
Microsoft's QuickC 2.5 and 2.0.

Does it compile and link dramatically faster than 2.0?
Or there are new features not found in 2.0?

Would someone e-mail me your opinions on whether or not
I should upgrade from 2.0 to 2.5? Thank you in advance!

Lee Chen <lchen@cs.ubc.ca>      Vancouver, BC, Canada

keithe@sail.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (05/07/91)

In article <1991Apr26.121545.4256@cs.ubc.ca> lchen@cs.ubc.ca (Lee Li-Jen Chen) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I am wondering what are the major differences between
>Microsoft's QuickC 2.5 and 2.0.

[limited to na distribution 'cuz it doesn't deserve any more than that:]

enter (-: GRIN :-) mode:

It is a widely-held opinion that anything Microsoft delivers as
Version X.0 (1 <= X <= infinity) is their way of distributing BETA
versions of the product.

In which case, the 2.5 of their QuickC is to be preferred over 2.0
as a production release would be preferred over a beta release.

(help *) KEITHE()

PS - my employer may or may not hold the same opinion as I do; the
     above may or may not represent (n)either my (n)or my employer's
     opinion.

PPS - how could an "Inc." have an opinion, anyway???