[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] 2-port PC Comms program wanted

david@bacchus.esa.oz.au (David Burren [Athos]) (05/10/91)

Given that I have several PC/XT clones available, and that these are cheaper
than good ASCII terminals, I'd like to use them as such.

This is easy, except that as the machines have two serial ports I would like
to be able to have two login sessions active.
Terminals such as xt230s allow this, with the sessions either on a split
screen or on different pages that one can switch between.

I have no need of snazzy functions such as colour, file transfers, modem
dialling, programmable function keys, multiple emulations, etc.
All I need is an emulation of a reasonable terminal (minimum vt100, vt2xx
preferred), and the ability to handle two sessions (keying between the two
with something like Alt-F1, Alt-F2, ala Xenix) at 9600bps (19200 preferred).

Is such a beast available?  Can someone give me a hint as to where to look?
Or do I have to develop it from scratch?

Thanks
David Burren [Athos]                          Email: david@bacchus.esa.oz.au

mkl@hoptoad.uucp (Mark Lottor) (05/13/91)

david@bacchus.esa.oz.au (David Burren [Athos]) wrote:

> All I need is an emulation of a reasonable terminal (minimum vt100, vt2xx
> preferred), and the ability to handle two sessions (keying between the two
> with something like Alt-F1, Alt-F2, ala Xenix) at 9600bps (19200 preferred).
>
> Is such a beast available?  Can someone give me a hint as to where to look?
> Or do I have to develop it from scratch?

The WizConsole from Network Wizards supports up to 8-ports with vt100/vt220
emulation on each along with scroll memory, split-screens, printer logging,
and lots of other features.  Send email to info@nw.com for more info.
They are also at PO Box 343; Menlo Park, CA  94026.  (415) 326-2060.